Dental Trade Shows: Are You Marketing Yourself Effectively?
Imagine yourself at the next dental industry trade show…
“Would you like to try samples of our nifty dental product?” “Want to enter a giveaway for a chance to win a free gift card?” Or simply, “Welcome to our booth.”
In this blog post, I’ll be sharing pointers on how to market yourself effectively at trade shows. First, we’ll look at the perspective of a dental company, manufacturer or supplier. Then, we’ll dive into networking as a dentist, hygienist, assistant or other dental professional.
So, you have a booth at the show, but how do you attract attention and get leads? Here are some tips:
- Drive trade show traffic through your website, mailings, email newsletter
and social media networks. Make sure to clearly post your booth number
- Offer free product sample packs to your visitors. Popular samples include prophy paste, sterilization pouches, barrier products and disposables.
- Provide useful product information, resources and catalogs.
- Create an event on Facebook and invite your colleagues and friends.
- Offer contests where visitors can win a gift certificate or free product.
- Exhibit a flyer with a QR (Quick Response) code on it. A QR code is a bar code that mobile phones can scan to be directed to a website, for example. Why not have a QR code that directs people to “Like” your Facebook page or follow you on Twitter?
- Choose a visible booth location, preferably where there is greater traffic.
- Show product video tutorials or demos if you have them.
Trade shows also provide an excellent opportunity for a dentist, hygienist or other dental professional to network. Below are some possible networking opportunities you might want to take advantage of:
- Finding a local dental study club to join
- Meeting and brainstorming with other dental professionals
- Being a speaker and providing the latest dental discoveries
- Conversing with product manufacturers to develop new products
- Winning a free prize (well, hopefully!)
I hope these trade show pointers have been helpful to you. Want more dental marketing tips? Grab your FREE copy of our dental marketing report, “15 Strategies for Growing Your Dental Business Online” – click here to get it!
By the way, maybe I’ll see you at the next dental trade show!